Friday, June 3, 2011

Still cannot stand heroics

I have a very well geared mage, better than my tank. Decided to try a heroic. Got H BRC. Did okay even tho we wiped once on the first boss because the tank failed to clear mobs next to where the boss walks up to ...what is it, a pit or something?.. that he then paths away from. We got extra mobs, wiped, went back, cleared the extra mobs, killed boss, continued on. When we got to the 2nd boss, we tried skipping the mobs at the top above where the boss is, except for the first pathing drakkonid. Didn't work for some reason cause when we went for the boss it seemed like we got the 2nd drakkonid and the mobs from up top. Got back, cleared the top, tried for boss. By this point I think we'd replaced one person who left for some reason between the 1st and 2nd boss. I have a hard time with this fight. Timing on this is a pain in the ass. I was blocking one stream and popped out at around 80 stacks, watched for the debuff to wear off but other drakkonids got summoned/converted whatever and wiped us. We gave it another shot after losing at least one person, wiped, then decided to pass the boss and move on. We got to a bridge where Raz is supposed to pop out and kill all the the mobs on the bridge. Didn't happen, wiped again.
Lost almost everyone. While I was debating on bailing we had a full party again, and had to go back to try the 2nd boss again. I was game for another shot. Next try I ended up popping back into the stream about one tick too soon, got converted to a drakkonid but didn't seem to be doing anything, everyone else got killed, I reverted so I ran back up the ramp to wait for everyone. I think we might have tried one more but wiped again and I just figured screw it, and bailed. Total time spent probably around 2 1/2 hours and only got one boss down - and this on a toon that has gear that can get him into the "new" troll instances, and got thru H SFK on my first run thru it with minimal wipes or deaths.

My feeling here is that I cannot be solely to blame for the wipes, not when I was at #1 0r #2 on the damage meters on boss fights. Heightened difficulty is one thing, but this far into the expansion you would think people could clear heroics a bit easier, hell we did in Wrath and even in some of the BC heroics. Cataclysm heroics an inconsistent mix of difficulty and are not conducive to have me queue up for heroics very often. I can't wait for 4.2 when getting higher gear MIGHT make beating heroics easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment