Saturday, December 29, 2012

MoP Tanking so far

Compared to how well I do playing some of the squishier classes, I find tanking to be a fun alternative in MoP. Even for heroics, despite the occasional mechanic that throws me for a loop til I grasp how to react to it, their is little pressure and a lot more fun going on than I recall experiencing with Cataclysm heroics. For Cataclysm I cannot recall tanking much of anything, at least not until the last 3 heroics came out in the last major patch.
I just popped over to the Eastern Kingdoms tonight to see about doing the Greench quest. I got there to find the boss mob up and I was the only one around for a short bit until a BElf Priest showed up. As I was on my pally, I switched specs to tank, geared up and and trusted the priest to start healing me. She did and a long-ish fight ensued. Some other folks showed up but at no time was I ever at a point where I felt out of control of the fight. Once it was over I shouted out about the great heals and even got a compliment on my tanking!! That always feels nice.
Such a nice change from Cataclysm to be able to switch over like that, start tanking and never have to really worry about not being geared up enough. While I don't think I'm there for tanking LFR, I've been handling almost every heroic fairly well.
Tanking in MoP is making tanking in WoW fun again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment